- Timed?: timed and untimed modes - you choose
- Music: fair; nothing special
- Theme: Pirates!
- Story and Writing: witty and piratey; English and grammar are used well
What I like
- top-notch polished graphics and interface
- plenty of mini-games to give you a break from Match-3 puzzles
- there are specific things you want to accomplish during Match-3 games
- there are different styles and purposes for various Match-3 puzzles - it's not all the same
- you collect multiple items that can be put to good use during sea battles
Of all the games I played with the kids yesterday, they said this was their favorite. They're pirate fans, so they were able to get into it. The game was nicely designed to protect you from the mundane labor of one standard Match-3 puzzle after another. If I had to pick a Match-3 game to play, it would be Asami's Sushi Shop or The Adventures of Mary Ann: Lucky Pirates.
To get this new piratey adventure, click the image below:
|Today's $2.99 Daily Deal (from the Big Fish toolbar) :|
click an image below and use coupon code craft299 at checkout
|Category: Matching, cube rotation|
|This isn't technically a standard Match-3 game. In this game you play a jeweler's apprentice, receiving more difficult gem-cutting tasks as you go. You rotate cubes to match adjacent cubes of the same color. Your goal is to plan out large groups to break at the same time. If you create a group of 3 or more, it breaks and applies the gems to your current piece of jewelry. Some larger gems require larger breaks - maybe 5 or more pieces at once. This requires a bit more planning.|
The graphics are good, the story is semi-interesting, and the gameplay is different than standard Match 3, and is, I think, more enjoyable.
For a different approach to matching games, give this a try for $2.99 today only!