Friday, April 23, 2010

News: Collector's Editions for everyone, and more...

Friday greetings to you all!

Today, I have a handful of news tidbits for you.

Collector's Editions for all!

Big Fish just announced that Collector's Editions are no longer only available to Game Club members. Starting
now, if you aren't a current Game Club member, you can still buy a Collector's Edition!

If you're interested, some recent Collector's Editions include the following:



Previewing Riddle Box

Back in mid-December, I posted a press release from the new casual game developer, PassionFruit Games. As I understand it (and I could be wrong, so don't hold me closely to it), they are the crew who developed the Nancy Drew Dossier games (my personal favorites).

At the time of the press release, they were working on a new game: Tiger Eye: Curse of the Riddle Box.

Well, I've got an early copy of the game in my virtual hands. I'm not allowed to say anything about it yet, other than what they told us in the press release. But, I am hoping to get a review to you right away, once they release the game. There is plenty to say about it.

So be on the lookout for that review, once the game shows up on Big Fish.

Review Queue

I have 3 games in the review pipeline, so expect to read more of my opinions in the coming weeks/months.

By the way, I'm interested to know, from those of you who read reviews, do you like the comprehensive style of my reviews? Or would you prefer a more chopped-down quick reference? I could easily do the latter, if that's what you would prefer.

As it is, I try to make it easy to locate the information you're after, so that you don't have to read the entire review to find it.

Feedback is welcome. I want to make reviews helpful and enjoyable for you, so feel free to let me know your preferences. Just leave a comment on this post.

2 comments:

  1. I really enjoy your comprehensive reviews & the effort you put into them--the screencaps, the reasoning behind why you feel the way you do. Frankly I can go anywhere and get a bunch of short reviews from gameplayers that boil down to "game too short, scenes too dark, I loved/hated it, game is too hard/too easy"--you get the idea. Please continue with the way you currently review.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for the useful feedback, crobrun! I appreciate you taking time to participate and help me out!

    ReplyDelete